Arvada Horse Properties For Sale
Included below are Horse Properties For Sale in Arvada, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Arvada listings, click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the property details. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
Locate Arvada Horse Property, Ranches, Equestrian Estates, homes zoned for horses, estates, and Luxury equestrian real estate in Arvada, Colorado. There are many choices in Arvada for different types of Horse properties in Arvada, Colorado. There are parcels of Horse Property as small as one acre and as large as 20 acres. These Arvada Horse Properties are like being out in the country with the conveniences of living in the western part of the Denver Metro area.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse Properties For Sale in Arvada get listed on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Horse Properties For Sale in Arvada, CO
Ready to find your dream home in Arvada?
Let us help you. Contact Kenna Real Estate at 303-955-4220 to get personalized assistance from our expert real estate agents.
Arvada Horse Property
If you're looking for horse properties near Denver, then Arvada could be one of the best areas to live. Arvada is a very horse-friendly community with some beautiful equestrian homes for sale and many trails and facilities for riders. Kenna Real Estate has plenty of experience finding horse property for sale in Arvada, so we'll make it easy to buy your dream home in this friendly community near Denver.
Living in Arvada
Arvada is largely a commuter town, with many locals making their way into nearby Denver or Boulder for work. The city has excellent transport connections, so it is easy to enjoy all that these bigger cities have to offer for both work and leisure. However, Arvada also has its own distinct character. You can enjoy a performance at the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, stroll around the Olde Town Arvada historic district, or get closer to nature at one of the National Wildlife Refuges. Arvada also has a lot of green space, particularly along the western side of the city, so it can be a very attractive environment to live in. The city attracts a range of different buyers, but many of the homes for sale in Arvada are single-family, suburban houses that are ideal for families.
Is Arvada Horse-Friendly?
A guide to toxic plants to Horses in Arvada, Colorado
Arvada, CO is a great place to own horses. The community is very horse-friendly, and many people own their own land here. Many homes with acres in Arvada are already zoned for horses and often come with facilities such as a barn or stable. Although some trails and open spaces in the area are restricted to pedestrians or other users, there are plenty of places where you can ride. The city also has some excellent local riding schools and other equestrian facilities. If you're planning to own a horse when you move to the metro area, then Arvada could be the perfect location for you, especially if you also need to commute to Denver or Boulder.
One of the clearest signs that Arvada is a horse-friendly area is that it is home to a charity that cares for horses. The Horse Protection League (HPL) is based at Churches Ranch in Arvada, where it has a rehabilitation center for horses that have been mistreated or abandoned. The HPL often has horses looking for permanent homes after they have recovered, so it could be the right place to find your new horse once you have your own land or to choose a companion for your current horse. The HPL also runs day camps for children and other events, and there are volunteering opportunities here too, if you want to help out.
Equestrian Trails and Equine Facilities in Arvada
Arvada is a beautiful place to live, with many open spaces and trails nearby where you can ride or enjoy the scenery. As well as many smaller, local trails, there are several longer routes that pass through Arvada. However, horses are only permitted on some trails or on certain sections of the trails. It's important to check where you can ride before you set out. Some popular trails include the section of the Van Bibber Creek Trail between Ward Road and Indiana Street, the part of the Ralston Creek Trail between Pierce Street and Clear Creek, and the Leyden Creek Trail through the Pattridge Open Space. If you're looking at horse properties for sale in Arvada, then you might want to focus your search on neighborhoods close to these trails or open spaces. Although it's easy to get to a good trail from most parts of the city, it will be more convenient if you can easily ride there from your own land. The greenest part of the city is to the west, so this could be the best place to live if you enjoy horseback riding.
The Indiana Equestrian Center in Arvada is one of the best places for horse owners in the Denver Metro Area. The riding areas at the center extend to 50 acres, and they are free and open to the public. You can ride here at any time, but there are also frequent events such as club activities, gymkhanas, and horse shows in the arena. The outdoor riding facilities are managed by the Arvada Area Horsemans Association. The Association works to promote the interests of horse owners in the local area. You might want to join the association to support its activities and meet other horse owners in the area.
Arvada also has some good local riding schools and privately owned facilities, including the Indoor Equestrian Center. You can arrange to bring in your own horse to use the indoor arena, so you will always have somewhere nearby to exercise your horse no matter what happens with the weather. Although the cool, dry Colorado climate makes it easy to enjoy outdoor activities year-round, it is useful to have an indoor space for hot or snowy days, when horses could easily tire, slip, or experience other problems. Arvada gives you the option to exercise your horse indoors or outdoors, so it's a great choice when looking for horse properties near Denver.
Homes with Acres in Arvada
Arvada is one of the best places for horse owners in the Denver metro region, but homes with acres in this area are in great demand. Many of the properties in Arvada are too small to keep horses, so there can be a lot of competition for the homes that do come with land. However, because there are fewer buyers looking for equestrian properties, especially at the higher end of the market, sellers are often keen to get an offer.
The largest properties in Arvada are along the western side of town, which borders onto some beautiful open spaces. The homes get smaller and closer together as you move eastwards towards Denver, and the city becomes more suburban.
Horse properties for sale in Arvada often come with facilities such as well-maintained paddocks, barns, stables, and other equine facilities. Many properties in Arvada are already zoned for horses, as a lot of people who own land in the area are horse owners. The houses on these properties range from suburban-style family homes to older ranch-style properties. Some of the horse property in Arvada includes homes dating back to the 1940s, while others have modern or totally renovated homes.
Finding a Horse Property in Arvada
If you're looking for a horse property near Denver, then the first step will be to narrow down your search. Arvada is a great choice if you want to enjoy an equestrian lifestyle, as it is a very horse-friendly area with some great homes with acres for sale. You will probably want to focus your search on the western side of the city, as this is where the best properties for horses can be found. However, working with a local realtor will ensure that you're not missing out on any suitable homes for sale in Arvada. Your Kenna realtor will be able to recommend properties that would suit you.
It can be helpful to have an idea of what you are looking for before you begin your search. You will need to consider all of the same criteria as other home buyers, including the number of bedrooms that you need and what features your home, must have. However, if you're looking for equestrian properties for sale, you will also need to consider some additional factors. Since Kenna Real Estate often helps horse owners to find properties in Colorado, we enable you to narrow down your property search according to the equestrian facilities that are available. You can search for homes that have their own outdoor arena, tack room, paddock, round pen, corral, barn, or stable. You can also select properties that are zoned for horses and ensure your new home will have essential features such as a pasture and water source for your animals. If you have any additional requirements for your home or for your horse, you can always ask your Kenna realtor for help finding the perfect property.
Tips on Buying Equestrian Properties
Finding the right horse property for sale in Arvada will be easier if you know what you are looking for and have the support of an experienced realtor. Kenna Real Estate has helped many people to buy or sell horse properties across Colorado, so we understand the needs of horse owners. The following tips should help you to prepare for your property search in Arvada
- Make sure that the property is zoned for horses. Horses are only allowed on land that has the correct zoning, so it's important to choose a property that you will be able to use as you want. Many homes with acres in Arvada have already been used to keep horses, but it's vital to check the local zoning and any other regulations that apply. You should also consider how these rules would affect any work you want to do on the property, such as building a new stable or arena. An experienced local realtor will know what rules apply to the land you're buying.
- Decide how much space you need for your horses. Horses need plenty of space, especially if you're hoping to graze them in a paddock rather than provide feed in a stable. The amount of space you need will depend on how many horses you keep and the local regulations. As a general rule, property owners in Colorado should have at least five acres of land for each horse. You might want to allow more space if you want to create an arena or make other uses of the land.
- Check the quality of the land. The best properties for horses will have relatively dry, well-drained land that has good quality pasture with no potential hazards. When you visit the property, you should check that the land is suitable for keeping horses. Make sure that you know how to identify poisonous plants, such as milkweed or ragwort, that could be harmful to horses. Check the quality of the grass and make sure that there is adequate drainage. The best horse properties should also have a water source so your horse can drink.
- Know what features are essential for you and your horse. Equestrian properties in Arvada can vary a lot in the facilities that come with them. Some will simply have some land that is zoned for horses, while others will already be fitted out with stables, barns, corrals, or arenas. It is important to know which features are essential for you before you begin your property search. You can then narrow down the horse properties for sale in Arvada using these criteria. You should also create a list of desirable features for the property. These are features that you want but which you can do without or add to the property after you buy. You can then use these desirable features to compare the list of possible homes for sale to find the best match for you.
How Kenna Real Estate Can Help
Kenna Real Estate has a team of dedicated realtors who have helped all kinds of buyers and sellers across Colorado. Our realtors have a lot of experience with horse properties in areas such as Arvada, so we can provide all the advice and support you need when buying an equestrian property near Denver. We can help you to find suitable properties for sale in Arvada, arrange viewings, and help you to compare the homes you've seen. We'll also negotiate with the sellers on your behalf when you're ready to make an offer and support you through the whole process of buying your new home.
Take a look at our listings to see the horse properties for sale in Arvada, or get in touch for more help finding your dream home in Colorado. Kenna Real Estate is here to answer all of your questions and to make the whole process as easy as possible for you
- Arvada Equestrian Properties
- Aurora Equestrian Properties
- Boulder Equestrian Properties
- Brighton Equestrian Properties
- Broomfield Equestrian Properties
- Castle Pines Equestrian Properties
- Castle Rock Equestrian Properties
- Centennial Equestrian Properties
- Cherry Hills Village Equestrian Properties
- Clifton Equestrian Properties
- Colorado Springs Equestrian Properties
- Commerce City Equestrian Properties
- Delta Equestrian Properties
- Elizabeth Equestrian Properties
- Englewood Equestrian Properties
- Erie Equestrian Properties
- Evergreen Equestrian Properties
- Fort Collins Equestrian Properties
- Fort Lupton Equestrian Properties
- Franktown Equestrian Properties
- Fruita Equestrian Properties
- Golden Equestrian Properties
- Grand Junction Equestrian Properties
- Greeley Equestrian Properties
- Greenwood Village Equestrian Properties
- Highlands Ranch Equestrian Properties
- Lakewood Equestrian Properties
- Larkspur Equestrian Properties
- Littleton Equestrian Properties
- Lone Tree Equestrian Properties
- Louisville Equestrian Properties
- Montrose Equestrian Properties
- Morrison Equestrian Properties
- Northglenn Equestrian Properties
- Palisade Equestrian Properties
- Parker Equestrian Properties
- Pomona Equestrian Properties
- Sedalia Equestrian Properties
- Superior Equestrian Properties
- Thornton Equestrian Properties
- Westminster Equestrian Properties
- Wheat Ridge Equestrian Properties
Arvada is in Jefferson County. The Cities related to or close by Arvada are Golden to the southwest and Westminster North and Wheatridge South East.