FreddieMac explained that “housing is stronger today than at any point since the Great Recession began and hit bottom in 2009”. They then gave three reasons which support their position:
* Home sales are up 13% since their low point.
* Housing starts are up 50% since they bottomed out.
* House Prices are up 16% since their trough.
FreddieMac also believes that the market will continue to improve through 2014. They projected:
* Home sales to increase about 3% in 2014 as the purchase market continues to evolve
* Almost 20% growth for housing starts in 2014, which will begin to help ease tight inventories in many markets
* Home value increases will continue their positive momentum in 2014
Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac vice…