Colorado Springs Horse & Equestrian Properties For Sale
Moving to a new town or state is a huge decision. It’s also not very easy to find a home that meets all your requirements, especially one that can help you achieve your dream of owning and caring for horses. But if you are in the market for an equestrian property, you must strongly consider moving to Colorado Springs.
Included below are Horse Properties For Sale in Colorado Springs, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Colorado Springs listings, click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the property details. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse Properties For Sale in Colorado Springs get listed on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Horse Properties For Sale in Colorado Springs, CO
Learn More About Living in Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs is located 70 miles south of the state’s capital, Denver, making it an ideal destination for commuters who work in the city but want to enjoy the peace small-town life affords. Due to its proximity to mountains, the air is relatively dry, and the entire town is surrounded by natural vegetation that your horses would come to love.
- At Kenna Real Estate, thousands of amazing horse property listings in the Colorado Springs area are available for your horses to move in with you. This area was designed for equestrians and horse lovers.
- This town is dotted with beautiful equestrian estates equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, barns, and horse farms. There is something for everyone looking to purchase an equestrian home in this beautiful town.
- Several recreational activities make Colorado Springs attractive for movers looking for a place to settle. If you are into fitness, you would love to visit the U.S Olympics &. Paralympic Training Center.
- Many horse-friendly activities will also keep your horses in good shape, from large horse property acres and riding trails.
The Best Horse Trails and Facilities in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs has some of the best trails and parks to offer horses and owners. You can spend days riding up these trails to enjoy the mountain scenery. Before you mount your horse, you must ensure you know which trails your horses are permitted to use. Some of the best horse trails include:
- Columbine Trail in the North Cheyenne Cañon Park
- Susan G. Bretag Trail and Palmer Trail Loop
- Templeton Trail at Palmer Park
- Edna Mae Bennet Nature Trail at Palmer Park, and
- Fallen Timbers Trail at the Fox Run National Park
Since you are searching for the best horse properties in Colorado Springs, it would be a good idea to narrow your search down to neighborhoods closer to these trails or with vast open spaces.
You would also love the amazing equestrian services offered in this lovely town. The Colorado Springs Therapeutic Riding Center offers horse boarding services and a large outdoor and well-heated indoor arena.
Another place you can’t miss is the Academy Equestrian Center, which is just a few miles away from downtown Colorado Springs. The center has over 40,000 acres of land that your horses would love, with 1000s of acres of trails. It also hosts many equestrian events, including horsemanship seminars and horseback rides.
The cool and dry weather of Colorado Springs makes riding a breeze for horse owners and horses.
How to Find the Best Equestrian Property in Colorado Springs
Looking for the best horse property in Colorado Springs but don’t know where to start? Don’t worry! Kenna Real Estate has got you covered! Finding the perfect home takes a lot of time and work, so we want to make it as easy as possible for you.
One of the first tips we always share with our customers is to always have an idea, no matter how big or small it is, before you start your horse property search. Create a list of all the things you will need, like other home buyers, including the number of beds and bathrooms you want and your outdoor preferences.
However, when making your list, there will be a slight difference, especially where equestrian properties are concerned. Here are some additional factors to consider:
- Location: Ensure that the property is near resources where it’s easier to stock up on supplies for you and your horse. Your location should also be zoned for horses, so it would be smart to check local laws or zoning regulations before buying your home. We can also provide you with any zoning information or updates.
- Needs: It’s good to have a clear idea of what you want on your horse property. If you are a casual rider, for example, you might not need to have the strict requirements that a professional equestrian might need.
- Features and Facilities: What features do you need, and which ones can you live without? It could be indoor stalls, fences, large riding grounds, or a tack room. You should be aware of the type of soil on the land of your potential horse property. The usual best horse options include loamy, organic, or sandy soils. The grass is also a good option, but if you want hay feed or pasture during the winter, it might not be as ample as soil.
- Accessibility: Another important factor to consider is accessibility. That includes having sufficient land space but also ensuring that you have certain amenities like potable water ready at all times.
While we love clients who know what they want, we encourage them to be as flexible as possible. Although Kenna Real Estate is up to any challenge, our years of experience have shown us that it helps to keep an open mind and that all that some properties need is a little care to meet your unique needs.
Are You Ready to Purchase Your Equestrian Home in Colorado Springs?
Your dreams of living in the beautiful Colorado countryside while rearing your horses should no longer be a dream, thanks to our work at Kenna Real Estate. Our dedicated team of experts has years of experience helping other horse lovers find the perfect horse property regardless of their budget and preferences.
We can help you find the best home in Colorado Springs, arrange viewings and give you our expert advice when it’s time to weigh your options. We can also negotiate with sellers on your behalf to make the entire home-buying process easier for you. Check out our listings for horse properties in Colorado Springs, or contact us for more information.