Denver is one of the best places to live in Colorado as well as one of the most popular choices for buyers who are relocating from other parts of the US. If you're planning on buying or selling property in Denver, then Kenna Real Estate is here to help. We can recommend Denver neighborhoods that would be a good fit for you and help you to find your dream home in the city. We can also support sellers throughout the sales process in order to find the perfect match with a buyer who will love your property.
Guide to Denver Neighborhoods
Denver is a large city with a variety of different neighborhoods. You can find everything from lively downtown areas to friendly suburbs where families will feel at home. The city lies in the South Platte River Valley, on the western edge of the High Plains. The Front Range of the Rockies rises just to the west of the city. Denver is by far the largest city in Colorado, with approximately 85% of the state's population living in the metro region. It is also the state capital.
The city is usually divided into 78 different neighborhoods for administrative purposes, but locals also have their own names for neighborhoods within some of these areas that have their own distinctive characters. For example, the LoDo or Lower Downtown area is a well-known spot for dining out, but it isn't one of the official neighborhoods of Denver.
Some parts of Denver are full of skyscrapers, others are family-friendly suburbs of modern houses, while some parts of the city still feature historic properties dating back to the 19th century. As a general rule, the oldest and most densely packed neighborhoods are nearer to the center of Denver. The homes become larger and more modern as you move out of the city.
Moving to Denver
If you're planning on moving to Denver then choosing the neighborhoods where you would like to live could be a good start. Narrowing down the options can make searching for your new home a lot easier. You might like to start by listing the features that you would like your new neighborhood to have. For example, it might be important to you to have plenty of green space around your home or to be near one of the best schools in Denver. Divide your list into features that your new area must have and those that you would like, but can live without. You can then look for a neighborhood that meets as many of your priorities as possible. Narrow down your options to the areas that have all your essential features. Then identify the areas that have more of the non-essential features that you want.
Best Neighborhoods in Denver
Everyone has their own list of essential and desirable features when buying a home, but there are some neighborhoods in Denver that are particularly popular. If you're not sure where to begin your property search then you might want to look at some of these areas.
- Washington Park and Washington Park West: two adjoining neighborhoods that are often considered among the best places to live in Denver. Wash Park has some of the most expensive homes in the city as well as Denver's best park. If you want plenty of outdoor space or green views in the city, the Washington Park could be the best choice for you.
- Country Club: one of the more expensive neighborhoods in Denver, with prices still rising. Country Club is largely residential, with some beautiful Mediterranean style houses and classic Denver Squares. The tree-lined streets and local golf club make this a green and attractive place to live in the city.
- Sloans Lake: the large lake that gives this neighborhood its name is one of the best reasons to consider living here. Properties with lake views are in great demand and tend to be the most expensive, but the rest of the area also has some beautiful family homes with a more suburban feel than many other parts of Denver.
- Park Hill: a largely residential area with some great properties, particularly to the south. It's a popular choice for families and older people as it tends to be quieter, but there are plenty of young professionals living in Park Hill too. As you get to know the area you will find lots of little restaurants and bars hidden around the neighborhood, which are mainly known by locals.
- Platt Park: a green neighborhood that can feel very suburban, Platt Park is a great place for families, with lots of Craftsman bungalows and other attractive houses. The local schools are great and Platt Park also has its own farmers' market and hosts some popular food and music festivals.
- Capitol Hill: this neighborhood is very popular with younger buyers who want to enjoy the superb local bars and restaurants. Many people from surrounding areas come into Capitol Hill when they want an evening out. It's also a great place to live, with a vibrant and diverse community. If you're considering buying in Capitol Hill then you might also want to look in the neighboring Uptown or North Capitol Hill area, which has a very similar feel to it.
- Cherry Creek: as one of the most affluent parts of the Denver metro area, property prices in Cherry Creek tend to be high. You can find many luxurious condos and houses in this area and it is also home to one of the city's best shopping areas for luxury brands, Cherry Creek North. Properties in Cherry Creek are in great demand as it is considered one of the most desirable addresses in the Denver metro area.
- LoDo: the Lower Downtown neighborhood is one of the best choices if you want to buy a property near downtown Denver. LoDo overlooks the downtown area but has a better range of homes as well as many excellent bars and venues of its own. The area is more popular with younger buyers who are looking for a lively nightlife and easy access to downtown.
- Five Points: one of the most diverse neighborhoods in Denver, Five Points is a great place to eat out or listen to live music. The Five Points Jazz Fest is a favorite for many locals. Property prices are rising in this area and it is starting to attract different kinds of buyers, but it remains most popular with younger people.
- Lincoln Park or the Santa Fe Art District: one of the best locations in Denver if you drive a lot, Lincoln Park has excellent road connections via the I25 and Highway 6. It is usually one of the most peaceful neighborhoods in the city, making it a popular choice for families, but the area comes alive on the first Friday of each month for the arts fair held along Santa Fe Avenue.
Finding the Right Neighborhood for You in Denver
Denver is a large city with many different neighborhoods, so it can be difficult to choose the best place to find your new home. Getting to know the neighborhoods for yourself will help, but it can also be useful to find a local realtor who knows the area well. Kenna Real Estate has plenty of experience finding homes for buyers across the Denver region. We are very familiar with all the neighborhoods in Denver, so we can help you to find the best fits for you. Your Kenna realtor can answer all of your questions about moving to Denver and recommend properties that could be right for you. We'll help you to choose the best neighborhoods in Denver according to your own preferences and then to locate your dream property in the area.
Selling Your Home in Denver
Location is one of the most important factors for most buyers who are looking for homes for sale in Denver, so the neighborhood your home is in will make a big difference when you are selling. Since different types of buyers will be looking for properties in different neighborhoods, it is important to have an experienced local realtor on your side. Kenna has a team of experienced realtors who have sold properties across Denver. We know which kinds of buyers are looking for properties in each neighborhood and what features these buyers are looking for in the listings. We'll use our local knowledge to highlight the best features of your property and make sure that the right buyers see your listing. We will make selling your home in Denver as simple and stress-free as we can.
If you're ready to sell your home in Denver then you should get in touch to find out how Kenna Real Estate can help. Our dedicated team of realtors are happy to answer all your questions, provide a valuation for your property, and create a bespoke marketing plan for your home. Your Kenna realtor will be here to support you through every step of the sales process.