Elizabeth Horse Properties For Sale
Included below are Horse Properties For Sale in Elizabeth, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Elizabeth listings, click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the property details. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse Properties For Sale in Elizabeth get listed on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Horse Properties For Sale in Elizabeth, CO
Ready to find your dream home in Elizabeth?
Let us help you. Contact Kenna Real Estate at 303-955-4220 to get personalized assistance from our expert real estate agents.
Elizabeth Horse Property
Elizabeth is a small but welcoming community that is ideal for horse owners who want to be close to Denver. Buying an equestrian property in Elizabeth means you'll have plenty of trails and parks to ride in, but you'll still be within easy reach of the city. Kenna Real Estate can help you to find the perfect horse property for sale in Elizabeth. We'll make buying your new home as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Living in Elizabeth
Elizabeth is a small town in Elbert County that is only about 33 miles to the southeast of Denver. The historic town center of Elizabeth is surrounded by growing suburbs as many people are keen to relocate to this friendly community. It is still easy to sense the history of the Old West in this town as you browse through the antique stores along the main street or have a drink at the Elizabeth Brewing Company. Elizabeth is surrounded by working farms and ranches, so there is still a very rural feel to the area, especially as you head out into the surrounding landscape. However, you'll be within easy reach of Denver, so you will be able to enjoy the best of the city while living in this small community. You will also be surrounded by superb parks and trails where you can get out to enjoy the active Colorado lifestyle.
Is Elizabeth Horse Friendly?
A Guide to toxic plants to Horses in Arvada, Colorado
Elizabeth is a very horse-friendly community where the traditions of the Old West still feel very much alive. Many locals enjoy horseback riding or have their own land where they keep horses. Elizabeth also has a lot of equestrian professionals, including horse trainers and breeders, boarding stables, riding schools, and traditional ranchers.
Many local events revolve around horses. The annual Elizabeth Stampede includes a rodeo as well as a parade through the town, and an antique car show. You will also have many opportunities to participate in or watch equestrian events in Elizabeth and the surrounding areas. The Messer Arena and Event Center in neighboring Kiowa hold many western style events, including barrel racing and roping competitions, as well as English-style gymkhanas. The Colorado Horse Park in Parker is also within easy reach of Elizabeth, and it often brings in large crowds for hunter/jumper and eventing competitions.
Equestrian Trails and Equine Facilities in Elizabeth
Horseback riding is a very popular activity around Elizabeth. Many people in the area own their own horses, but there are also a lot of people who choose to keep their horses at boarding stables nearby or who visit the area in order to ride. If you're lucky enough to live in Elizabeth, then you'll be able to enjoy all of the local trails and equestrian facilities as often as you want.
One end of the popular Cherry Creek Trail is in Franktown, which is very easy to reach from Elizabeth. The Cherry Creek route heads north into Denver, passing through the Cherry Creek State Park along the way. If you are looking for a long trail ride near Elizabeth, then this could be the best option for you. You can also find plenty of other places to enjoy a shorter ride locally. The Castlewood Canyon State Park has a short trail for horseback riding where you can enjoy great views, and you can also ride in parts of the Bayou Gulch Open Space. The Hidden Mesa Open Space also has some interesting trails for equestrians that will take you through meadows or up onto the rocky ridges overlooking the park.
The Prairie Canyon Ranch Open Space is one of the most interesting places to ride near Elizabeth, although access is limited because this historic property is still a working cattle ranch. You may need to join an organized ride or make an appointment in order to explore this historic ranch. As well as getting a taste of the Old West and the Colorado ranch lifestyle, you can also spot all kinds of birds and wildlife in this park. Hawks, deer, coyotes, and many other species make their home at Prairie Canyon Ranch.
In addition to all of these trails and open spaces, there are also plenty of stables providing riding lessons, day camps for children, and boarding services in the Elizabeth area. If you buy a horse property in Elizabeth, then you will also have access to one of the best equestrian facilities in the Denver region, the Messer Arena and Event Center. As well as holding many equestrian events, the Messer Arena facilities are available for local horse owners to use during the regular open ride sessions. The center also provides various training events in western riding, roping, and other activities, so you can pick up new skills or improve your old ones here. Having this superb facility nearby is one of the best reasons to choose Elizabeth when you are buying a horse property in Colorado.
Homes with Acres in Elizabeth
If you're looking for a home with acres near Denver then the Elizabeth area is one of the best places to look, as there are many equestrian properties in this area. You can find family homes on the outskirts of the town that have enough space to keep a couple of horses, traditional ranches with many acres of land, and luxury equestrian homes with their own stables and arenas. Since Elizabeth is a small and relatively rural community, properties in this area tend to be larger and less densely packed than in other nearby towns and cities. If you're looking for a horse property with a lot of lands, then Elizabeth could be one of the best areas for you. However, Elizabeth has a variety of different horse properties to suit different needs and budgets.
Many horse properties for sale in Elizabeth are outside the town itself. You can find some beautiful homes with acres of land that guarantee privacy and plenty of your own space. However, it's important to think about location when you're buying a home in a more rural area. You should consider how far away you're willing to be from the town and major roads. For example, if you will be regularly commuting into Denver, then it could be best to focus your search near Highway 86 on reducing your drive time. It is important to think about what matters most to you when selecting a property to live in.
Finding a Horse Property in Elizabeth
The first step to finding your new equestrian home in Elizabeth is to know what kind of property you are looking for. Since you are looking for a home for both yourself and your horses, you will have many different factors to consider when choosing a property. A good starting point is usually to make a list of all the essential features that your new home must have. You might also want to note anything that you would like to avoid. You can then use these two lists to quickly identify properties that could be right for you. It can also be helpful to make a list of your preferences for the property, such as additional features you would like it to have or a particular building style. You can then use these criteria to judge the properties that you find.
One of the most important factors to consider when buying an equestrian property is how much land you will need. You should usually allow at least 2.5 acres per horse, but you may need more space if you're intending to rely on grazing rather than bringing in feed for your horses. You will also need more land if you want to have your own corral or arena or if you need space for other activities. However, it's important not to buy more land than you are able to manage. It can take a lot of time and money to take good care of your own land, so don't take on more than you can handle.
Once you know what you are looking for, then you can start searching for properties that meet your criteria. You can use the Kenna Real Estate property search to select homes that are suitable for horses. You will then be able to narrow down the results to find properties that have specific equestrian features, such as a barn, stable, corral, or arena. If you need any more help finding your dream home in Colorado, then you can always get in touch to discuss your requirements with one of our local realtors. We can recommend properties that would be a good fit for you and make it easier to find your new home in Elizabeth.
Tips on Buying Equestrian Properties
Buying a home with acres can be a challenge. As well as all the usual considerations when buying a new home, you will also need to ensure that the land you're buying is right for you and your horses. The following tips should help you along the way to finding your dream home in Elizabeth.
- Choose an experienced realtor. Having a realtor who is familiar with equestrian properties is essential. Kenna Real Estate has helped many people to choose the right horse property in Colorado. We understand the needs of horse owners and can advise you on which properties will be suitable for equestrian uses. Your Kenna realtor will also have plenty of local contacts if you need a specialist, such as an expert on identifying and removing toxic plants, or a property inspector who can check the land and outbuildings as well as the house.
- Make sure the property is zoned for horses. If you're buying land for horses, then you must check the local bylaws, zoning rules, and any other regulations that cover the property to ensure that equestrian uses will be allowed. The zoning regulations may also set out how many horses you are allowed to keep on the property. Your Kenna realtor can advise you on local regulations in Elizabeth, as we are very familiar with the area and the local bylaws affecting equestrian properties.
- Check the land is safe and suitable for horses. You will need to take a close look at the land you are buying as well as inspect the house itself. The best horse properties should have good, well-drained soil that isn't on too steep a slope. Some kind of shade or shelter will be beneficial, and it is also useful to have a water source available. It's also important to ensure that there aren't any potential hazards that could affect your horses, such as weak or damaged fencing, toxic plants, or a risk of flooding. If the property doesn't meet all of these requirements, then it may be possible to make improvements after buying, but you must consider how much this will cost and how long it could take before you make an offer.
If you need any more advice on selecting a suitable property, then your Kenna realtor will always be happy to help. We're here to answer your questions and guide you on the way to owning your own equestrian property in Elizabeth.
- Arvada Equestrian Properties
- Aurora Equestrian Properties
- Boulder Equestrian Properties
- Brighton Equestrian Properties
- Broomfield Equestrian Properties
- Castle Pines Equestrian Properties
- Castle Rock Equestrian Properties
- Centennial Equestrian Properties
- Cherry Hills Village Equestrian Properties
- Clifton Equestrian Properties
- Colorado Springs Equestrian Properties
- Commerce City Equestrian Properties
- Delta Equestrian Properties
- Elizabeth Equestrian Properties
- Englewood Equestrian Properties
- Erie Equestrian Properties
- Evergreen Equestrian Properties
- Fort Collins Equestrian Properties
- Fort Lupton Equestrian Properties
- Franktown Equestrian Properties
- Fruita Equestrian Properties
- Golden Equestrian Properties
- Grand Junction Equestrian Properties
- Greeley Equestrian Properties
- Greenwood Village Equestrian Properties
- Highlands Ranch Equestrian Properties
- Lakewood Equestrian Properties
- Larkspur Equestrian Properties
- Littleton Equestrian Properties
- Lone Tree Equestrian Properties
- Louisville Equestrian Properties
- Montrose Equestrian Properties
- Morrison Equestrian Properties
- Northglenn Equestrian Properties
- Palisade Equestrian Properties
- Parker Equestrian Properties
- Pomona Equestrian Properties
- Sedalia Equestrian Properties
- Superior Equestrian Properties
- Thornton Equestrian Properties
- Westminster Equestrian Properties
- Wheat Ridge Equestrian Properties
How Kenna Real Estate Can Help
Kenna Real Estate has a team of experienced realtors who are very familiar with equestrian properties. We understand the needs of horse owners, so you can rely on us to help you find the best home for sale in Elizabeth for both yourself and your horses. Your Kenna realtor will be there to support you through the whole process of buying a new home, from negotiating with the sellers to arranging property inspections and completing the sale. We are here to make the process as simple as possible for you.
If you're looking for a horse property in Elizabeth, then you can get in touch for more advice from an experienced Kenna realtor. We can recommend suitable homes for sale in the area and help you to find the perfect property for you.