Erie Horse & Equestrian Properties For Sale
America is reportedly home to more than 7.2 million horses, even more than when they were the nation's main means of transportation. If you are a hippophile or an equestrian, horses are undoubtedly a major part of your life. Therefore, it's only natural to want to buy homes with barns or stables and other facilities for horses. Buying horse property acres in the right location can also help you and your horses enjoy a lot of grazing land and riding trails. Erie should be one of your top considerations if you purchase horse properties near Boulder and Denver. Indeed, it has many equestrian homes with many vast natural environments and open spaces you can buy. Kenna Real estate can help you find the right horse property in Erie with minimal stress.
Included below are Horse Properties For Sale in Erie, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Erie listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse Properties For Sale in Erie come on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Jump To: Erie Listings | Erie Info | Contact Us | Create An Account
Horse Properties For Sale in Erie, CO
Gearing up to buy or sell a horse property soon in Erie? Call Kenna Real Estate at 303-710-2609. Your Erie, CO realty team is here to help navigate the Erie real estate market.
Living in Erie
Erie is a large Statutory Town in Weld and Boulder counties, Colorado. It was named after Erie, Pennsylvania, the previous home of early settler Richard Van Valkenburg. This town is predominantly suburban but has seen a recent increase in the number of new families, houses, and companies. Other things to know about Erie include:
- Its proximity to Denver and Boulder makes it an affordable middle ground location for individuals working in either city.
- It is also close to the Broomfield region's high-tech area, commonly known as the Silicon Valley of Colorado.
- Erie's community park contains 41 acres of dedicated space, with plenty of picnic shelters, a huge playground, a sports field, a public skatepark, and walking trails. You can also visit Lil Buckaroo's Petting Zoo to pet animals like alpacas and Nigerian goats while learning about sustainable farming and animal welfare.
- Biking, camping, fishing, and hiking are the main recreational activities in Erie since it has many parks, trails, forests, and open spaces.
Is Erie horse-friendly?
Erie, CO, is undoubtedly an excellent place to own horses. Erie has a rural feel, and many of its inhabitants own their homes and lands. Some houses with a lot of land in Erie are zoned for horses and have facilities like stables and barns. Also,
- There are many parks in Erie where you can ride your horses.
- Erie is home to many riding schools and equestrian facilities like horse boarding centers. Therefore, Erie could be the right place for you if you intend to own a horse while enjoying equestrian facilities in Colorado.
- Erie is also home to the Allegiance Ranch and Equine Rescue, a non-profit organization formed out of love for rescue horses and a strong desire to honor America's veterans. This non-profit seeks to assist and heal at-risk horses while providing a safe space for veterans, first responders, active duty military, and their families. They rely on donor support to guarantee ongoing care and training for rescued horses, so you can support them to do your part for the equestrian community.
Equestrian trails and equine facilities in Erie
As mentioned above, Erie has several open spaces and trails that allow you to ride and enjoy stunning views. It has many small local trails and longer routes that pass through it. Nevertheless, you can only ride your horses on some trails or particular sections of the trails. As such, checking whether you can ride horses in particular areas is always advisable. Some of these trails include:
- The Erie Singletrack is one of the best riding areas to consider. Cyclists typically frequent it, but there are many trails that equestrians can equally take advantage of. You can ride on the Erie Singletrack as a good workout and enjoy stunning views of the mountain ranges, particularly at sunset.
- The Coal Creek Trail is another popular trail you can frequent for horse riding. Here at Kenna Real Estate, we recommend that you search for neighborhoods near these trails or open spaces when seeking horse property acres for sale in Erie. Indeed, you can enjoy a good trail from most of the town's areas, but it is always better to have the convenience of easy riding to the trail from your land.
- Furthermore, Erie is home to many equine facilities that are sure to delight hippophiles. For instance, the Plane View Farm & Boarding Facility in Erie, CO, is a full-service equestrian center that trains horses and their riders in all disciplines. Their staff works hard to take care of all horses. Also, their knowledgeable trainers offer training to riders of all ages. Consequently, it is a great place to visit to give your children introductory horseback riding lessons.
- The Good Reception Ranch (GRR) is another great horse riding school in Erie. They also train horses and their riders and provide a full-service boarding facility. Furthermore, they provide summer camps, therapeutic riding programs, and equine-facilitated mental health support.
- Finally, you can visit the Front Range Show Stables, a world-class hunter/jumper show barn in Erie, to receive great training and instruction from beginner levels up to the Grand Prix.
Homes with acres in Erie
Although Erie is an excellent area to own a horse in the Weld and Boulder counties, horse property acres are rare. As such, there is a high demand for these houses with significant land since many equestrians are eager to snap them up instead of ending up with homes too small to keep horses. Horse property acres in Erie have facilities like :
- Tidy paddocks.
Some of these horse properties are old homes, while others are quite modern or recently renovated. County Road alone has about three of these properties; you can find a few on Mountain View Drive and Lowell Lane.
Finding horse property acres in Erie
Erie is an excellent place to enjoy your equestrian lifestyle. However, you must be diligent with your search for horse property acres to find the right place to live. Working with a good local real estate company like Kenna Real Estate is always worth considering to easily access properties that are great fits for you. Some tips worth remembering to find the right horse property acres include:
- You must have a general idea of what you seek before searching, just like any other home buyer.
- Also, you will need to factor in some considerations peculiar to purchasing equestrian properties, like space for horses, land quality, and zoning.
How Kenna Real Estate can assist you
Our team of realtors has helped several sellers and buyers of horse properties in Erie and other areas in Colorado. Our realtors have immense experience with horse properties and can provide the right advice you need when purchasing an equestrian property.
Reach out to us today at https://www.kennarealestate.com/contact/ to get started.
- Arvada Equestrian Properties
- Aurora Equestrian Properties
- Boulder Equestrian Properties
- Brighton Equestrian Properties
- Broomfield Equestrian Properties
- Castle Pines Equestrian Properties
- Castle Rock Equestrian Properties
- Centennial Equestrian Properties
- Cherry Hills Village Equestrian Properties
- Clifton Equestrian Properties
- Colorado Springs Equestrian Properties
- Commerce City Equestrian Properties
- Delta Equestrian Properties
- Elizabeth Equestrian Properties
- Englewood Equestrian Properties
- Erie Equestrian Properties
- Evergreen Equestrian Properties
- Fort Collins Equestrian Properties
- Fort Lupton Equestrian Properties
- Franktown Equestrian Properties
- Fruita Equestrian Properties
- Golden Equestrian Properties
- Grand Junction Equestrian Properties
- Greeley Equestrian Properties
- Greenwood Village Equestrian Properties
- Highlands Ranch Equestrian Properties
- Lakewood Equestrian Properties
- Larkspur Equestrian Properties
- Littleton Equestrian Properties
- Lone Tree Equestrian Properties
- Louisville Equestrian Properties
- Montrose Equestrian Properties
- Morrison Equestrian Properties
- Northglenn Equestrian Properties
- Palisade Equestrian Properties
- Parker Equestrian Properties
- Pomona Equestrian Properties
- Sedalia Equestrian Properties
- Superior Equestrian Properties
- Thornton Equestrian Properties
- Westminster Equestrian Properties
- Wheat Ridge Equestrian Properties