Montrose Horse & Equestrian Properties For Sale
If you are looking for a horse property in Colorado, then Montrose Horse Properties might be exactly what you’re looking for. Montrose is a horse-friendly community, boasting luxury equestrian estates, equestrian facilities, horse farms, and full-service equestrian centers.
Included below are Horse Properties For Sale in Montrose, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Montrose listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse Properties For Sale in Montrose come on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Jump To: Montrose Listings | Montrose Info | Contact Us | Create An Account
Horse Properties For Sale in Montrose, CO
Gearing up to buy or sell a horse property soon in Montrose? Call Kenna Real Estate at 303-710-2609. Your Montrose, CO realty team is here to help navigate the Montrose real estate market.
Living in Montrose
Montrose, a city that epitomizes the state of Colorado, is the place to go if you want to experience the state's untamed wilderness and participate in recreational activities throughout the year. It is the kind of place where everything conspires to give you a good time outdoors: mild climate, diverse landscapes, and clean alpine air. It is also the kind of place that is picturesque, uniquely cultural, and down-to-earth, despite the soaring San Juan Mountains that are at its southern end. This city is a welcome gateway to Colorado's Western Slope because of its traveler-friendly trails and scenic byways, its historic downtown, its interactive museums, and the fact that there are no fewer than three breweries on Main Street.
Get lost in the equally captivating beauty of the Uncompahgre Wilderness, where the area's namesake peak rises to an altitude of 4,361 meters, making it the highest summit in the entirety of the San Juan Mountains. Canoeing or horseback riding through the Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area is a great way to learn about the area's varied ecosystem while getting some exercise. Enjoy fishing in the Gold Medal and Wild Trout-designated waters of the Gunnison River. Visit the Montrose Water Sports Park, which hosts the annual Fun on the Uncompahgre (FUNC) Fest and has six drop structures, ramps, and a beach along the water flows that are ideal for kayakers, in Riverbottom Park, just south of Riverbottom.
Is Montrose Horse Friendly?
Montrose, Colorado is a fantastic place to own horses. For residents who bring their own horses, Montrose, Colorado, is a great starting point for rides into the high mountains and red-rock canyons for residents who bring their own horses. Close to town, the Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area (GGNCA) has several excellent horseback-riding trails.
Many horseback riding trails can be found in the GMUG National Forest. On hiking trails, horses are permitted unless the trail is specifically marked as being for foot traffic only. In this region, there are a number of dude ranches and outfitters to choose from if you are interested in going on a trail ride or a pack trip with a horse. The keeping of horses in developed campgrounds is prohibited, but it is permissible to keep them nearby. There are a few campgrounds in the GMUG that are specifically designed for horse camping. To enter National Forest System land, only weed-free hay or processed feed can be brought in. In wilderness areas, no unprocessed animal feed may be used. Tree-saver straps and portable corrals are suggested.
Another nod to the fact that Montrose is great for people who own horses, is the mobile equine veterinary service available. They also offer hands on help and advice if you’re planning on breeding your stud.
Homes with Acres in Montrose
You’ll be pleased to know that there are a plethora of properties in Montrose that are horse-friendly. Some of the properties in Montrose may not be suitable for horses and horse owners alike, so you’ll want to look for something with plenty of acres so your horse has plenty of space to roam. That’s where Kenna Real Estate comes in. The homes with ample acres tend to be in the mid-northern of Montrose, but if you have a preference, we can help you look for your (and your horse’s) dream home.
Paddocks, barns, stables, and other equine facilities are quite often included with horse properties that are listed for sale in Montrose. These facilities are typically in good condition. As a result of the large number of horse owners who own land in the area, numerous properties in Montrose have already been zoned to allow for the presence of horses. The homes that can be found on these lots range from more modern family homes in the ranch style to more traditional suburban homes.
Finding a horse property in Montrose
It can be helpful to have some idea of what it is that you are looking for. As with any other home buyer, you'll have to think about a variety of factors, such as the number of bedrooms you need and the amenities you require. When looking for equestrian properties, however, there are a few additional considerations to keep in mind. Because Kenna Real Estate frequently helps people who own horses in locating real estate in the state of Colorado, we give you the ability to narrow down your property search based on the equestrian facilities that are present in the area. You are able to look for houses that have their very own outdoor arena, tack room, paddock, round pen, corral, barn, or stable on the property. Additionally, you can look for properties that are specifically designated for horses, which will ensure that your new home includes features like a pasture and a water source for your horses. You can always ask your Kenna realtor for assistance in finding the ideal property, whether you have specific requirements for your home or for your horse.
Tips for buying equestrian properties
If you know what you want and have an experienced realtor, you can find horse property for sale in Montrose. Kenna Real Estate has helped many horse owners buy and sell in Colorado, so we understand their needs. These tips should help you get ready for your search for a home in Montrose.
- Ensure correct zoning for horses. Many Arvada homes with acres have been used to keep horses, but check local zoning and regulations.
- Work out the space you need. Horses need lots of space to roam! It’s recommended to have 5 acres of land per horse.
- Lookout for poisonous plants like milkweed or ragwort. The last thing you want is to make your horse sick.
- Be prepared with features you want. Some have horse-zoned land, while others have stables, barns, corrals, or arenas. This will help narrow down your search..
How Kenna Real Estate Can Help
Kenna Real Estate has a team of dedicated realtors who have helped all kinds of buyers and sellers across Colorado. Our realtors have a lot of experience with horse properties in areas such as Montrose, so we can provide all the advice and support you need when buying an equestrian property near Denver. We can help you to find suitable properties for sale in Montrose, arrange viewings, and help you to compare the homes you've seen. We'll also negotiate with the sellers on your behalf when you're ready to make an offer and support you through the whole process of buying your new home.
Take a look at our listings to see the horse properties for sale in Montrose or get in touch for more help finding your dream home in Colorado. Kenna Real Estate is here to answer all of your questions and to make the whole process as easy as possible for you
- Arvada Equestrian Properties
- Aurora Equestrian Properties
- Boulder Equestrian Properties
- Brighton Equestrian Properties
- Broomfield Equestrian Properties
- Castle Pines Equestrian Properties
- Castle Rock Equestrian Properties
- Centennial Equestrian Properties
- Cherry Hills Village Equestrian Properties
- Clifton Equestrian Properties
- Colorado Springs Equestrian Properties
- Commerce City Equestrian Properties
- Delta Equestrian Properties
- Elizabeth Equestrian Properties
- Englewood Equestrian Properties
- Erie Equestrian Properties
- Evergreen Equestrian Properties
- Fort Collins Equestrian Properties
- Fort Lupton Equestrian Properties
- Franktown Equestrian Properties
- Fruita Equestrian Properties
- Golden Equestrian Properties
- Grand Junction Equestrian Properties
- Greeley Equestrian Properties
- Greenwood Village Equestrian Properties
- Highlands Ranch Equestrian Properties
- Lakewood Equestrian Properties
- Larkspur Equestrian Properties
- Littleton Equestrian Properties
- Lone Tree Equestrian Properties
- Louisville Equestrian Properties
- Montrose Equestrian Properties
- Morrison Equestrian Properties
- Northglenn Equestrian Properties
- Palisade Equestrian Properties
- Parker Equestrian Properties
- Pomona Equestrian Properties
- Sedalia Equestrian Properties
- Superior Equestrian Properties
- Thornton Equestrian Properties
- Westminster Equestrian Properties
- Wheat Ridge Equestrian Properties