Palisade Horse & Equestrian Properties For Sale
A small but beautiful town in Mesa County, Palisade is a quiet community that’s perfect for supporting equestrian lifestyles. As the climate of the town is warm yet mild, it’s a comfortable place to raise bigger animals like horses, especially if you plan to find a property that can be turned into a working ranch. But if you’re just looking to move for a new home with plenty of acres, Kenna Real Estate is here to help you settle down as fast as possible. With close links to bigger cities like Grand Junction, and with Denver being less than 4 hours away, Palisade could be the perfect town to buy an affordable equestrian property in.
Included below are Horse Properties For Sale in Palisade, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Palisade listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse Properties For Sale in Palisade come on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Jump To: Palisade Listings | Palisade Info | Contact Us | Create An Account
Horse Properties For Sale in Palisade, CO
Gearing up to buy or sell a horse property soon in Palisade? Call Kenna Real Estate at 303-710-2609. Your Palisade, CO realty team is here to help navigate the Palisade real estate market.
Living in Palisade
Palisade is a town on the small side, but it has a lot of natural character. Easy to commute out of for working opportunities, the town also has a tight knit community to benefit from. The residents tend to be friendly and supportive, and take keenly to new households moving to the area. Palisade also has a great public education system, scoring above average grades for the past few years. It’s a good family town, especially for those who love animals, thanks to the amount of untouched natural space on offer. It’s also a great place to retire to, to enjoy fresh air and good views, especially if you’re keen to focus on new pursuits in life.
Palisade Equestrian Areas and Community
Palisade has long been a place for equine excellence. It’s a good place to raise a horse riding family, with many of the working ranches focusing on providing riding facilities for children and teens. It won’t be hard to find a family home that has plenty of acres for keeping horses, especially with fellow horse rearing areas like Fruita nearby.
Various stables, ranches, farms, and barns work around the Palisade area. One of the most popular is Rhyne Horses, which provides recreational horse riding opportunities. If you’re currently planning to find a property where you can situate your own stables, visiting local businesses like these will give you a good insight into the community.
Or if you prefer to take your own horses around, you can ride along any of the incredible horse trails that wind around and through the town. Palisade has a lovely autumnal color that’s endemic to the area, with orange flowering plants and trees visible in the countryside area around the South West. If you want to watch the sunrise over the vista, this is the best part of town to move to.
Horse Properties with Acres in Palisade
Moving with horses in tow is not something you can rush into. You need the perfect house in mind to support your decision. After all, building separate equine facilities like barns, stables, tack rooms, and paddocks simply can’t be done without a minimum acreage amount.
Many properties in the Palisade area come ready equipped with horse amenities. Plenty of land, the right zoning regulations, and the ability to put your horses out in the paddock are all common. These large properties can be found on the outskirts of the town, but with the small size of the area itself, you’ll never be too far away from downtown shops.
All in all, it’s best to work with an experienced realtor here. All Kenna Real Estate agents have varied market experience, including finding well sized properties that are suitable for keeping horses domestically.
How to Find the Best Horse Property for You
Moving to Palisade is a great decision if you own horses, but not all houses are made to support them. Here are some tips for finding the best horse properties with acres to view during your time in the market:
- Zoning laws are crucial. Horses can only be kept on land that has been previously zoned out as a suitable area. You’ll also need permits for building large structures necessary for keeping them in. Of course, if you move into an acre property that hasn’t been previously zoned, you can apply for it as soon as possible. Ask your estate agent what this will entail.
- You’ll need a lot of space. Horses require around 2 acres at a minimum per horse, with 2.5 to 3 acres considered the best amount of space. You’ll also need to plan for a good sized stable and paddocks that allow roaming and grazing.
- It matters who you live next to. Keeping horses can be done in any neighborhood, but your neighbors may take issue with it. It’s best to stick to properties that enjoy wide open spaces near to them to allow for better privacy all round.
- Choose the right estate agent to help in the search. Estate agents make it a lot easier to locate a home that could be just right, and this is no different when you’re trying to move horses in too.
Kenna Real Estate Can Help You Find an Equestrian Property
If you want to move to Colorado and bring your equestrian lifestyle with you, working with Kenna Real Estate will help you secure a property as soon as possible. We’ve worked a long time in finding the perfect horse properties across Palisade for our clients, and we’re happy to provide the buying advice you really need.
We’ll take you through viewings at all properties that fit your needs, and use our experience to help you choose the right house with plenty of acres for your horses. As an award winning real estate team, we’ll also be able to effectively negotiate with the sellers once you’re ready to put your offer in.
Feel free to check out our horse property listings for Palisade available via our website, or use our contact form to send through your questions and enquiries. As a dedicated team who wants to make foreclosing a house as easy as possible, Kenna Real Estate is always available to buyers looking to make a new home in the Colorado area.
- Arvada Equestrian Properties
- Aurora Equestrian Properties
- Boulder Equestrian Properties
- Brighton Equestrian Properties
- Broomfield Equestrian Properties
- Castle Pines Equestrian Properties
- Castle Rock Equestrian Properties
- Centennial Equestrian Properties
- Cherry Hills Village Equestrian Properties
- Clifton Equestrian Properties
- Colorado Springs Equestrian Properties
- Commerce City Equestrian Properties
- Delta Equestrian Properties
- Elizabeth Equestrian Properties
- Englewood Equestrian Properties
- Erie Equestrian Properties
- Evergreen Equestrian Properties
- Fort Collins Equestrian Properties
- Fort Lupton Equestrian Properties
- Franktown Equestrian Properties
- Fruita Equestrian Properties
- Golden Equestrian Properties
- Grand Junction Equestrian Properties
- Greeley Equestrian Properties
- Greenwood Village Equestrian Properties
- Highlands Ranch Equestrian Properties
- Lakewood Equestrian Properties
- Larkspur Equestrian Properties
- Littleton Equestrian Properties
- Lone Tree Equestrian Properties
- Louisville Equestrian Properties
- Montrose Equestrian Properties
- Morrison Equestrian Properties
- Northglenn Equestrian Properties
- Palisade Equestrian Properties
- Parker Equestrian Properties
- Pomona Equestrian Properties
- Sedalia Equestrian Properties
- Superior Equestrian Properties
- Thornton Equestrian Properties
- Westminster Equestrian Properties
- Wheat Ridge Equestrian Properties