Sedalia Horse Properties For Sale
Included below are Horse Properties For Sale in Sedalia, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Sedalia listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
Sedalia is the perfect location for enjoying an equestrian lifestyle in Colorado. You will find many beautiful horse properties for sale around this small town in the foothills. Kenna Real Estate can help you to select the perfect property for yourself and your horses. We will make buying an equestrian property as simple and straightforward as possible.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse Properties For Sale in Sedalia come on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Jump To: Sedalia Listings | Sedalia Info | Contact Us | Create An Account
Horse Properties For Sale in Sedalia, CO
Gearing up to buy or sell a equestrian home soon in Sedalia? Call Kenna Real Estate at 303-710-2609. Your Sedalia, CO realty team is here to help navigate the Sedalia real estate market.
Living in Sedalia
Sedalia is a small town in Douglas County that is just 24 miles away from downtown Denver. The town is ideally placed between Denver and the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, giving residents the best of both worlds. You can easily reach downtown Denver for work or an evening out, but you will also be living in a beautiful rural environment with plenty of open spaces to enjoy. Sedalia is a peaceful town that is ideal for families. You can feel a real sense of community here, especially as you walk through the historic downtown at the heart of Sedalia. You can stop off for a meal, spend the evening at a local bar, or head to the Sedalia Museum to learn more about the area.
Is Sedalia Horse Friendly?
If you're looking for a horse friendly community near Denver then Sedalia could be the perfect place for you to call home. Sedalia is a small town surrounded by nature, despite being so close to a major city. Living in Sedalia can feel like being in a small, rural community as there is so much open space. Many people own their own horses or enjoy horseback riding at one of the many local stables. The Sedalia area also has some excellent boarding stables as it is such a good location for horseback riding. It is easy to find essential supplies and services such as tack and feed stores, farriers, or equine veterinarians near Sedalia.
Equestrian Trails and Equine Facilities in Sedalia
One of the best reasons to choose Sedalia when you are buying an equestrian property is the many beautiful parks and trails in the area where you will be able to ride. Sedalia is surrounded by open spaces that are very horse friendly and which often have equestrian facilities on site. The surrounding landscape is very varied, with everything from meadows to mountains, so there are plenty of different options to keep your rides interesting.
Daniels Park is an interesting place to ride near Sedalia if you want to get closer to nature and connect to the history of the Old West. You can ride past historic ranches, enjoy some spectacular views, and look out for the local herd of bison.
Pike National Forest is another popular destination for horseback riding near Sedalia. It is ideal if you're looking for a longer or more challenging route as there are many miles of trails through the forest. The Colorado Trail passes through Pike National Forest on its way from Denver all the way to Durango, more than 500 miles away, but there are plenty of shorter routes that will allow you to explore the area.
Chatfield State Park provides a very different experience for horseback riding. The Chatfield Equestrian Loop is a great route around the park that is connected to several other popular trails such as the Highline Canal Trail, which goes up into Denver. The park also has a corral where you can leave your horse if you want to enjoy any of the other facilities, take a break for lunch, or perhaps swim at the beach.
The Denver Polo Club is based in Sedalia and it hosts many equestrian events that bring in many horse lovers from the surrounding areas. You can take lessons, join a league, or simply enjoy watching a match. The club welcomes members of all skill levels, from absolute beginners to experienced players. Joining the Denver Polo Club can be a great way to meet other horse owners in Sedalia. Cottonwood Riding Club provides lessons and boarding for horses at the same location. It has excellent facilities so it could be a good choice if you decide to use a boarding stables rather than to keep horses on your own land.
You can find plenty of other boarding stables, riding schools, and other equestrian facilities near Sedalia. Horseback riding is very popular here and many people come out to Sedalia to ride from other parts of the Denver region because of the beautiful natural landscapes. Living in Sedalia will enable you to easily take advantage of all of these popular horseback riding routes that will be so close to home.
Homes with Acres in Sedalia
Sedalia has a lot of ranch style properties with amazing views over the surrounding scenery, so it is one of the best places to find homes where you can keep horses near Denver. Many properties in the area are zoned for horses and even smaller properties will often have some equestrian facilities. You can find a wide range of horse properties for sale in Sedalia, from cozy cabins with space for a couple of horses up to multi-million dollar luxury ranches with their own stables, arenas, and many acres of land. Sedalia is a good place to look for larger equestrian properties as there are many homes that come with large acreages.
Location can be an important factor when you're looking for a horse property in Sedalia. Since it is such a small, rural community, the homes in Sedalia are spread out over a wide area. Some are very close to major roads, so they can be ideal if you're planning to travel in to Denver often. Others properties for sale in Sedalia are further away from the town and nearby roads, which can make them ideal as private getaways where you can enjoy your own space. The right location for you will depend on how much driving you do and how close you need to be to the town and its amenities. You can find all kinds of equestrian properties around Sedalia to suit different lifestyles.
Finding a Horse Property in Sedalia
Finding the right equestrian property can be a challenge as you will have so many different factors to consider. You will need to think about the sort of home that you want to live in, but you will also have to consider the needs of your horses. You will therefore have many different factors to balance when you are comparing properties for sale in Sedalia. Every buyer is unique, so you'll need to decide on your own criteria for choosing the right property.
Taking some time to think about the factors that matter most to you can be a good start when you're looking for an equestrian property. You should make a list of the features that must be present in your new home so that you can quickly rule out any properties that don't meet these requirements. It's also helpful to have a list of features that you would like, but which aren't completely necessary. You can then use this list to compare the properties you have found to see which ones are the best match for your needs. Remember to include features that matter to you and your family, such as the number of bathrooms, as well as those that are important for your horses.
The property search on our website can help you to identify properties that meet your requirements. Kenna Real Estate has helped many horse owners to find properties for sale in Sedalia and other parts of Colorado, so we know what features are important to you. You can use our property search to select homes where horses are allowed and then narrow down the results according to the features that matter most to you. You might want to look for a property that has a barn or stable, a ranch with its own equestrian arena, or simply a home with a small paddock where you can keep a single horse. If you need more help finding a suitable equestrian property in Sedalia then you can get in touch to talk with one of our experienced local realtors. We can provide more information on the listings or offer recommendations for properties that would be a good match for you.
Tips on Buying Equestrian Properties
Buying an equestrian property can be very exciting, especially if you are about to fulfill your dream of having your own horses for the first time. However, there can also be challenges involved in finding the right property and managing all of the negotiations, inspections, and paperwork that are required to buy a home. You will have a lot of decisions to make as you search for your new home so it is important to ensure you have the support you need along the way.
Having an experienced realtor on your side is essential, especially if you're a first-time buyer. Kenna Real Estate has helped many people to find horse properties in Sedalia and the surrounding areas, so you can rely on us to provide useful advice throughout the process. The following tips should help you to get started, but you can always get in touch with your Kenna realtor if you need any advice along the way.
- Check that the property is zoned for horses. Horses are allowed on many properties around Sedalia as it is a very horse-friendly community. However, you should always check that the land you are buying is suitable for your needs. Make sure that you are aware of the local bylaws, zoning regulations, and any other rules that will cover the property, especially if you're hoping to make any additions in the future, such as extending the stables. Your Kenna realtor can help with this as we are very familiar with the local regulations in Sedalia.
- Decide how many acres you need. The amount of land you need will depend mainly on how many horses you're intending to keep. You should usually allow at least 2.5 acres per horse, but it will depend on whether you're planning to provide extra feed. The local zoning regulations may also set a minimum acreage per animal. You should also consider the maximum amount of land you're willing to buy. It can be tempting to buy the biggest property you can afford, but you don't want to end up with more land than you can manage.
- Make sure the property is suitable for horses. It's important to take a close look at the land you are buying to ensure it will suit your needs. You should look for a property with high quality pasture, a reliable water supply, good drainage, and some form of shade or shelter for your horses. Check for any potential hazards, such as areas at risk of flooding or toxic plants that could harm your horse. It's also important to check the quality of any structures on the property, which could include stables, barns, and other buildings as well as the fences. If you need any advice on the suitability of a horse property then you can always ask your Kenna realtor for advice. We can also recommend experts who can help with property inspections or other checks.
- Arvada Equestrian Properties
- Aurora Equestrian Properties
- Boulder Equestrian Properties
- Brighton Equestrian Properties
- Broomfield Equestrian Properties
- Castle Pines Equestrian Properties
- Castle Rock Equestrian Properties
- Centennial Equestrian Properties
- Cherry Hills Village Equestrian Properties
- Clifton Equestrian Properties
- Colorado Springs Equestrian Properties
- Commerce City Equestrian Properties
- Delta Equestrian Properties
- Elizabeth Equestrian Properties
- Englewood Equestrian Properties
- Erie Equestrian Properties
- Evergreen Equestrian Properties
- Fort Collins Equestrian Properties
- Fort Lupton Equestrian Properties
- Franktown Equestrian Properties
- Fruita Equestrian Properties
- Golden Equestrian Properties
- Grand Junction Equestrian Properties
- Greeley Equestrian Properties
- Greenwood Village Equestrian Properties
- Highlands Ranch Equestrian Properties
- Lakewood Equestrian Properties
- Larkspur Equestrian Properties
- Littleton Equestrian Properties
- Lone Tree Equestrian Properties
- Louisville Equestrian Properties
- Montrose Equestrian Properties
- Morrison Equestrian Properties
- Northglenn Equestrian Properties
- Palisade Equestrian Properties
- Parker Equestrian Properties
- Pomona Equestrian Properties
- Sedalia Equestrian Properties
- Superior Equestrian Properties
- Thornton Equestrian Properties
- Westminster Equestrian Properties
- Wheat Ridge Equestrian Properties
How Kenna Real Estate Can Help
Kenna Real Estate has a team of experienced realtors who are very familiar with the Sedalia area. We have helped many people to buy equestrian properties across Colorado so you can rely on us to provide the best advice during your search. We will help you to find the perfect property for both you and your horses then support you throughout the sales process. Your Kenna realtor can talk with the seller on your behalf, recommend experts to assist with essential tasks such as property inspections, and ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
If you're thinking of buying an equestrian property in Sedalia then Kenna Real Estate can help. Get in touch to discuss what you're looking for with one of our experienced realtors. We're happy to answer any questions and get you started on the journey into your new home.
Jump back to Sedalia Horse Properties Listings >>>
View All Homes For Sale in Sedalia, CO >>>