Thornton Horse & Equestrian Properties For Sale
Horses have been a part of human history for centuries. They were once our only mode of transportation and were essential to many cultures around the world. Today, although we have many other options for transportation, horses are still very important to some people. There are those who enjoy riding for pleasure, those who compete in equestrian sports, and those who simply appreciate these beautiful animals. If you fall into any of these categories and are looking for a horse property for sale in Thornton, Colorado, you will be happy to know that there are plenty of options available.
Included below are Horse properties For Sale in Thornton, CO. If you would like more information on any of these Thornton listings, click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the property details. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Horse properties For Sale in Thornton get listed on the market.
If you would like to expand your search, take a look at our page on horse properties for sale in the Denver, Colorado area.
Horse properties For Sale in Thornton, CO
Get notified when matching listings become available. We also have found 4 listings nearby within 5 miles of this community.
Living In Thornton:
Thornton is a suburb of Denver located about 15 miles north of the city. It is the sixth most populous city in Colorado, with a population of over 118,000. The median home price in Thornton is $360,000, which is slightly higher than the Denver metro average of $349,000. However, housing prices are still relatively affordable when compared to other parts of the country.
There are many things to do in Thornton. The city has over 50 parks and recreation facilities, as well as miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. There are also several golf courses and public pools. For those who like to shop, there are many shopping centers and malls in the area. And if you're a foodie, you'll be happy to know that Thornton has over 400 restaurants!
Is Thornton Horse-Friendly?
Yes! Thornton is a very horse-friendly city. There are several equestrian trails and equine facilities in the area, and many homes come with acres of land. In addition, the city offers a variety of programs and events for those interested in horses. The Thornton Equestrian Center, for example, offers riding lessons, horse shows, and space for parties and events.
Equestrian Trails and Equine Facilities in Thornton:
There are over 20 miles of horse trails in Thornton, which wind through parks, open spaces, and neighborhoods. The city also has two equine facilities: The Meadows Equine Recreation Center and the RTD Equestrian Center. The Meadows offers boarding, lessons, clinics, and more, while the RTD Equestrian Center is a public facility that offers riding lessons, horse rentals, and trail rides. Also, be sure to check out the South Platte Park Equestrian Campground, which offers camping and horseback riding opportunities.
Homes with Acres in Thornton:
If you're looking for a horse property for sale in Thornton, there are many homes available with acres of land. These properties range in price from $400,000 to $1 million, depending on the size of the lot and the amenities included. The acreage allows for plenty of space to build a barn, paddocks, and other equine facilities. In addition, many of these properties come with beautiful mountain views. Some homes even have private arenas and stables!
Finding A Horse Property In Thornton:
There are several ways to find horse property for sale in Thornton. You can search online listings, contact a real estate agent who specializes in equestrian properties or drive around and look for For Sale signs. If you're not sure where to start, Kenna Real Estate can help. We are a team of real estate agents who specialize in equestrian properties and can help you find the perfect property for you and your horse.
10 Tips on Buying Equestrian Properties:
If you're thinking about buying an equestrian property, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are ten tips from the experts at Kenna Real Estate:
1. Location is key. You'll want to find a property that is close to trails, parks, and other horse-friendly amenities. The closer you are to these things, the less time you'll have to spend driving your horse around.
2. Size matters. Make sure you choose a property that is large enough to accommodate your needs. From paddocks and pastures to barns and arenas, you'll need enough space for all of your equestrian facilities.
3. Consider the climate. If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, you'll need to make sure your property can handle it. For example, you'll need to have a barn with proper ventilation if you live in a hot climate.
4 . Think about the future. If you plan on expanding your horse operation, make sure the property can accommodate it. By choosing a property with enough land, you'll be able to add more horses, facilities, and employees in the future.
5. Get a land survey. This will help you determine the boundaries of the property and any easements that may be in place. If there are any easements, make sure you understand what they allow and how they may affect your use of the property.
6. Have the property inspected. This is important to do before you purchase any property, but it's especially important with an equestrian property. You'll want to make sure there are no hidden problems that could cause problems down the road.
7. Choose your fencing wisely. There are many different types of fencing available, and each has its own set of pros and cons. Make sure you choose a fence that is right for your needs.
8. Consider the amenities. If you're looking for a turnkey operation, make sure the property includes everything you need. This might include an arena, paddocks, pastures, and more.
9. Don't forget about the barn. The barn is an important part of any horse property, so make sure it meets your needs. The barn serves as a shelter for your horses and should be big enough to accommodate all of them.
10. Work with a real estate agent who specializes in equestrian properties. They will be able to help you find the perfect property for you and your horse.
How Kenna Real Estate Can Help:
If you're looking for a horse property for sale in Thornton, Kenna Real Estate can help. We are a team of real estate agents who specialize in equestrian properties and can help you find the perfect property for you and your horse. Contact us today to learn more!